The contest is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of awarding the Nobel Prize to Albert Einstein. The physics genius received the prize for the year 1921 in 1922. Surprisingly, he did not win the prize for the famous Theory of Relativity and the E = mc2 equation, but the explanation of the photoelectric effect. This contest, however, celebrates Albert Einstein’s lifetime scientific achievement and efforts to promote peace. The contest is organized in cooperation with the Department of Nuclear Energy and under the Honorary Patronage of the Minister of Climate and Environment.
A. Terms of participation
1. The contest is open to everyone, including foreigners.
2. This contest is for drawings, graphics and other artistic works created with any technique, which are original, have not received any other awards and meet the technical requirements outlined in point 6.
3. Contest theme and categories:
I. Albert Einstein – category: caricature, joke
II. Peaceful use of nuclear energy – category: joke
4. One participant can submit up to 2 works per contest theme.
5. Submission of works:
Stage 1– scanned copies of works can be sent electronically (file extension: JPEG, resolution: 300 DPI, maximum permissible file size: 5 MB) to the e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org November 15, 2021.
Stage 2 – the list of works qualified for the contest and exhibition will be published on the website www.ffse2021.eu. The original copies of qualified works should be sent after the publication of the list, no later than 31 December 2021, by regular mail to the following address:
ul. Morelowa 14, 62-095 Murowana Goślina, Poland
with the following annotation: (FFSE contest)
6. Work format: maximum A-3 (29.7 x 42 cm), admissible size of one file: 5 MB, JPEG file extension. For three-dimensional objects (e.g. sculptures), a photo of work should be sent first. The life-size dimensions cannot exceed the following: 30 x 30 x 30 cm – delivery method will be agreed with the organizer.
7. The submitted works should include a short biographical note and the entry form completed in CAPITAL LETTERS. The author consents to the public processing of the disclosed data (within the scope provided for in the GDPR) and dissemination of his/her image.
The contest jury will award the following prizes specified in these rules:
* Grand Prix – the “Koziołki” (“Billygoats”) statuette and a cash prize of PLN 10,000
* 2 gold medals and cash prizes of PLN 7,000 each.
* 2 silver medals and cash prizes of PLN 6,000 each.
* 2 bronze medals and cash prizes of PLN 5,000 each.
In addition, the contest organizers will be awarding distinctions and additional prizes not specified in these rules.
The right to award the prizes specified above, change their value or choose not to award them is reserved for the Jury. The Jury’s decisions are final. Authors whose works were qualified for the post-contest exhibition must send original copies of their works to the mailing address specified in point 5 (stage 2) by the final deadline – 31.12.2021 (the organizer must receive the works by that date). Otherwise, their works will not be presented at the post-contest exhibition and included in the catalogue.
The prizes are taxable in accordance with applicable legal regulations. To receive the prize, the winner must appear at the exhibition or provide the organizers of the contest with the bank account number to which the prize should be transferred within the agreed date and in the appropriate currency.
C. Final provisions
1. Authors of the submitted works authorize the contest organizers to:
– present their works and use the works in all fields of exploitation for
advertising purposes and in materials related to the theme of the contest, and
the presentations of the post-contest exhibition,
– reproduce their works and place the works on the market in the form of a catalog and other published materials, including online,
– trade in the original works or their copies,
– lend or rent originals of the works or their copies,
– disseminate the works in any other way not covered above.
2. The works that won prizes or distinctions in the contest become the property of the organizers and prize sponsors.
3. All disputes related to the interpretation of the contest rules will be settled by the contest organizer.
4. By submitting their works for the contest, authors accept these rules and consent to the dissemination of their image in the catalog of the post-contest exhibition, as well as the list of qualified works published online.
5. The contest is organized by:
Fundacja Festiwalu Satyry Europejskiej „Koziołki”(The Foundation of the Festival of European Satire “Billygoats”)