In principle, ORIGINAL, hand-drawn works are expected. Only if the author works exclusively in digital technique, printed DIGITAL WORKS numbered and signed in pencil on the front will be considered
52nd World Gallery of Cartoons, Skopje 2020, North Macedonia
The organizer of the competition is OSTEN Skopje, Republic of N.Macedonia
• The SELECTOR assigned by the organizer will select the submitted works, and the INTERNATIONAL JURY will appraise the short-listed works.
• On the occasion of 75 years of OSTEN’s existence the opening of the exhibition and the official anouncement of the awards will take place on 24 September 2020 in Skopje.
52nd WORLD GALLERY of CARTOONS Skopje 2020 CRITERIA
• The following categories of original works will be considered: cartoons, satirical drawing, comic/strip (up to one panel of non-linguistic strip)
• Theme | technique | format – by the author’s choice
• Number of works – unlimited
• In principle, ORIGINAL, hand-drawn works are expected. Only if the author works exclusively in digital technique, printed DIGITAL WORKS numbered and signed in pencil on the front will be considered
* Note: only original works will be considered for the OSTEN Museum of Drawing
• The ORIGINAL WORKS by the cartoonists from newer production, which have not previously been published or awarded, will be considered. Cartoons that are deemed by the jury to be identical or closely similar to the known works by another author - will NOT be judged.
* Note: according to the organizer’s directions, the selector and the international jury will pay particular attention to the visual expression of the submitted works
• Regular applicant should:
- fill out this Application Form (electronically or manually) and send it to the e-mail:
along with a photo and short bio of the author
- to send the works by post mail along with the printed Application Form
* Note: the name of the author, the title of the work and the technique should be stated on the back of each work.
• By completing the application, the author gives to the organizer a non-exclusive right to use, exhibit, study and publish his works for the needs of the event.
For selection will be considered the works that will arrive
until 30th April 2020 to the address:
OSTEN – WORLD GALLERY ON CARTOONS
8 Udarna Brigada 2, 1000 Skopje, N.Macedonia
When sending the works, make sure to write on the package:
NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES, FOR EXHIBITION ONLY!!!
You should choose one of the options below:
To participate without Submission Fee (the submitted works remain in the OSTEN Collection)
To participate with a 40 $ Fee (unselected works are returned to the author)
The payment should be done via money transfer to the OSTEN Skopje account:
OSTEN DOOEL SKOPJE,
8 Udarna Brigada 2, Skopje 1000,
IBAN: MK07210701000702188 | SWIFT: TUTNMK22
NLB AD SKOPJE,
Majka Tereza 1,
GRAND PRIX for LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT (1500 $)
FIRST AWARD (1000 $)
SECOND AWARD (500 $)
5 THIRD AWARDS (Plaque)
5 GOLDEN OSTEN AWARDS (Plaque)
CICO AWARD * for a Macedonian Cartoonist (Plaque)
* In honor of the great Macedonian cartoonist Vasilije Popovic – Cico
SELECTION AND JUDGING
• The SELECTOR makes short-list of the AUTHORS who will go to the next level of judging with all submitted works
• The JURY MEMBERS review the works of the selected authors, choose the work that will be presented in the catalog and decide on the awards envisaged by the organizer
The organizer will notify all registered cartoonists about the results of the selection (until the end of May 2020) and the jury decision (by the end of June 2020) by email and will publish the results on its website: osten.mk
The awarded and selected works will be exhibited on 24 September 2020.
• For the award-winning authors and Grand Prix finalists who will be present in Skopje during the opening of the exhibition and presentation awards ceremony, OSTEN will produce print portfolios of their works
• The awarded authors receive appropriate Certificates and printed copy of the catalog via post mail. Their works remain in the OSTEN Collection
• All others receive appropriate Certificates and catalog in .pdf via e-mail. The ones, who would like to have the Certificate / catalog in hard copy, can order it for a price of 30 $ and they will be sent to the appointed address by registered post mail.
• The organizer invites all participants to attend the opening of the exhibition and presentation awards ceremony on 24 September 2020 in Skopje, and for the award-winning authors announcing their arrival by 1st Augst 2020 provides 3-nights accommodation.